Chinese visa

For entering into China, foreigners shall apply for visas in the provincial, autonomous region and municipalities exit and entry administration bureau and division. Checklist of documents required for application:


a. Passports: Original passport remaining to be valid for at least 6 months from the date of application and with more than two blank visa pages.

b. Applicants should submit "Application Form for Visas or Resident Permits for Foreigners" fully completed and signed with genuine information. If the applicant has a Chinese name, the Chinese name should be filled in; false or incomplete information and illegible characters may lead to refusal of a visa.

c. One fully completed visa application form in Chinese or English, attached with one of the applicant's recent 2-inches color photograph
d. Applicants are also requested to submit note or certification issued by the applicant's work unit with signature of the charger. (including applicant's certificate of identity, arrival time, purpose and residence time, etc.)

e. For applying for different kinds of Visas, checklist of documents required for application:


Tourist Visa (L-visa)

Applicants: Visa L is issued to foreigners who come to China for sightseeing, visiting relatives or other private purposes

a. For individual tourist visa application, the applicant should provide the official letter issued by the reception organization; For Applicant with no reception organization is required to provide the financial guarantee (Credit, traveler's check, payment documents, cash card, etc., fine of 100 dollars per day) for living in China. The visa is valid in less than twice (contain) in one month.

b. Tour Group is not permitted to apply for group visa. For force majeure events, the applicant should provide the official letter issued by the reception organization. And get a zero entry group visa with period of validity equaling that of the original visa for only once.

c. To apply for separation from Group Visa, applicants should provide the official letter issued by the reception organization and get visa valid in one month with zero entry.

Business Visit Visa (F-visa)

Applications: Business Visa (F-visa) is issued to a foreign citizen who is invited to China for visit, research, lecture, business, and exchanges in the fields of science, technology, education, culture and sports, or attending various kinds of trade fairs or exhibitions, or short-term study, intern practice.

Additional materials: Foreigners could obtain visa which could be used for 0, 1 or 2 entries within 6 months or mulple entries in 6 months or 1 year by providing the official letter issued by local reception organization. Applicants can apply for as many times as they want, however, for each entry, the longest continuous total stay must be no more than one year from the first day they enter China.

Student Visa(X-Visa)

a. Admission Notice from the University

b. Visa Application for Study in China under seal by authorized agencies (Form JW-201 or Form JW-202).

c. Physical Examination Record for Foreigner

Work Visa (Z-visa)

a. The Employment Permit for Foreigners issued by the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security or Confirmation Letter of Retaining Foreign Experts issued by the State Bureau of Foreign Experts

b. Approval document (also copy) issued by Ministry of Foreign Affairs of related province, autonomous region or municipality directly under the Central Government.

c. Physical Examination Record for Foreigner is requested if the applicant stays in China for more than 6 months.


Visa extension and change of visa type are uniformly referred to as visa application


Regular visa processing time is normally 5 working days evaluated by Bureau of Exit &Entry Administration of the Ministry of Public Security.


Applicants must pay visa application fees in accordance with the relevant regulations made by Chinese government.